socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Speech impediment

adelle
    adelle

Speech impediment Empty Speech impediment

Post by adelle

i was born with a speech impediment which causes some problems when saying words with r's and t's, i went to an ent surgeon who were going to operate on my pallete but then chose to leave it.

some years ago i purchased some speech software and kept encountering problems and unknown to me at the time of purchase to use this software you need to have near perfect english.

just wondering if it would be worth while chasing with doctors to see if they can do corrective surgery or would it be well best to leave alone.

anyone else had any ent operations and did they get any problems afterwards.

Share this post on: reddit

bluesheart

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:34 pm by bluesheart

if you are stuck for software have you considered using predictive text software which can be found in some office programs, i used one and it was very good. you only needed to type and few letters and it would guess the words for you and also learn't as you went along.

as for any operations there are good and bad sides and it is best to discuss this situation with a doctor.

if i was to go in to details of when i broke a bone in my cheek it would scare you which i wouldn't want to happen.

mike

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am