AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

About dribble incontinence

Admin
Admin

About dribble incontinence

Post by Admin

there are many who suffer with this condition what is it and what can you do?

Post-micturition dribble or ‘after dribble’ is the leaking ofurine after voiding. The urine that leaks after urination islocated in the urethra, between the penile urethra and bladder.

Normally the bulbospongosus muscle, part of the pelvic floor muscles, contracts at the end of urination to expel the urine which has pooled in this part of the urethra. When this muscle has been weakened, it does not contract properly and the urine is expelled at a latter point.

The muscles can be weakened by excess weight,operation for the removal of prostate, chronic cough and chronic constipation because of the associated straining.

Doing pelvic floor exercises for five minutes, two or three times a day can cause a significant improvement in your incontinence.

Following on there can be many causes for dribble incontinence so do try and get it checked out where possible.
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Post on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:28 pm by mandee

Do pelvic exercises vary a great deal between the gender of the person having the issue? I have really only heard about what a women can do, does that mean a man has a less likely chance of correcting it than a woman does?

Post on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:21 am by Admin

it is possible for men to do pelvic exercise but in any case people need to be taught how to do it.

did you know that dribble incontinence can be a sign of bladder retention, i had dribble to start with and this is what my turned out to be.

ended up with enlarged bladder and retention now forced to use a catheter.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:24 pm