socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Beauty Spot UK

bluesheart
    bluesheart

Beauty Spot UK Empty Beauty Spot UK

Post by bluesheart

Hart in Hampshire remains UK's most desirable place

Beauty Spot UK _79860873_c9ca5f08-6b2a-44cd-bc97-8b43b9d57661

The most desirable place to live in the UK has been named as Hart in Hampshire.

The district's residents were found to be the healthiest and live the longest, with a high employment rate.

Surrey's Elmbridge and Winchester in Hampshire came second and third on the annual Halifax quality of life survey's top 50 list.

It was dominated by areas in south east England, and Hambleton, Yorkshire, was the only place in northern England to make the list at number 50.

The survey looked at factors including life expectancy, crime rates, education and weather.

It is the fourth year in a row that Hart has topped the list.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:48 am by pkg1

I must be lucky in living in the 17th most desirable place then! Seriously though, where I live it is characterised by friendly people, a community spirit and a low crime rate. It does have its down sides though.

Many of the streets are clogged with commuters and holidaymaker's cars, owing to the proximity of a railway station with frequent fast services to London that also serves a major international airport en route. It is also open season for developers to come here and build on our open green spaces, even though we have no infrastructure in place to accommodate the additional homes, such as schools, public road transport, water, sewerage etc.

I imagine the worst places to live would be those areas with a high crime rate.
    bluesheart

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 am by bluesheart

for me when younger there was nothing like views over the valleys of north Yorkshire then later nothing like views over the sea bay at sunset.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:15 pm