socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What's available for bigger people?

EleanorB

What's available for bigger people? Empty What's available for bigger people?

Post by EleanorB

Hello all, hoping someone can offer some ideas or advice.

I have intermittent incontinence and have been making do with huge sanitary pads meant for women who have recently given birth. They aren't 100% trustworthy, and I think I need to buy something designed for the right job, but am finding it hard to take this step.

Part of my problem is that I am bigger than the average woman. I haven't looked in the bigger shops yet, so have no idea if there are options for larger folk. Any ideas welcome.
    Share this post on: reddit

bluesheart

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:43 pm by bluesheart

welcome to the forum Eleanor.

there is no need to look for shops selling bigger stuff as pads come in a range of sizes and absorbency and most online shops which deal with inco problems sell them.

you could opt for what they call shaped pads which you can insert in to knickers or you can buy what they call net pants which can be then used for different pads.

all pads go in absorbency from light to heavy, if it is heavy then these are often the diaper style pads which fasten with tapes.

with the diaper style along with different absorbency they also go in various sizes to suit.

if you search for incontinnce pads on the net you will find loads of companies.

popular ones are tena USA UK, depend and so on.

Admin

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:35 pm by Admin

many thanks for your forum post Eleanor.

shaped pads can be found in larger sizes, i believe from past memory that Attends sell them, i have also seen all in one style diapers of up to 56 inch waist.

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:04 pm by EleanorB

Many thanks for the fast and helpful replies Bluesheart and Admin. I feel much more optimistic about making the move to a specially designed product now. I think I'll feel more confident about daily life too.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:39 pm