socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The good old days

bluesheart
    bluesheart

The good old days Empty The good old days

Post by bluesheart

started off years ago with CB radio, moved on to the naughty sidebanders and had some good copies from around the world. since then have moved on to scanning vhf and uhf along with shortwave radio.

also keep tropical fish from a mix of tiger barbs, 2 catfish, danios to name a few. 4 tigers are coming to full size just wish the others wouldn't keep turning upside down on me. Shocked

good to hear what others are in to,

mike
    Share this post on: reddit

daniel

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 pm by daniel

I too get in to cb radio, started in the 1970's and went on to the old pirate am bands, got hold of a 40ch am rig. had it for a while then in the 80's went on to legal fm with a fidelity 2000.

missed the pirating and then got hold of a belcom 25 to 30mhz all mode also got an antron99 twig, furthest contact was New Zealand and groundplane up to Falkland's

with age and more wiser I am in to shortwave listening but use my computer for this as it can scan the entire spectrum and also have a tablet pc with scanner apps.

mikey what ever hobby you are in to get as much happiness as you can out of it.

(old miller on cb)
    daniel

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 pm by daniel

mike this is the sdr website I use for shortwave listening http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

it works fine with chrome but I keep getting trouble with internet explorer blocking it and can't get it to run on my tablet. could you kindly offer any advice.

many thnks
    bluesheart

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 pm by bluesheart

sat here just filling in a form when I saw your message pop up. I have tried it with internet explorer 11 and am getting the same problem, it keeps blocking the site.

I have added it to sun java but still no joy. my Samsung is in my bedroom so will send more feedback sometime in the morning, pretty sure I tried it on the android.

perhaps the radio buffs may know how to get it working.

mike
    bluesheart

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:45 pm by bluesheart

wordsup tried and tried to get that online site working with explorer and android but no joy.

I am thinking of getting this not sure if it is any good -

http://www.moonraker.eu/scanning-and-receiving/radio-scanners-and-receivers/sdr-software-defined-radio/commradio-cr-1-500khz-30mhz-high-performance-shortwave-receiver
    daniel

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:06 pm by daniel

many thanks for trying mike. just returned a shortwave receiver it was the alinoc dx r8 was a nice receiver but had the problem of no rf gain and it was pretty useless when handling strong stations, all you could do was use the att but then mean't loss off weak stations.

see radioworld have quite a few base stations so going to have a look In the morning.

bluesheart

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:55 pm by bluesheart

very odd excluding a rf gain on such an expensive receiver, even on the sister radio dx-11 they added an rf gain although not very good.

on most shortwaves they seem to add the rf gain feature and got to agree about the use of att.

daniel

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:03 pm by daniel

sad to see and hear Liverpool coastguards shut down.

they ran a petition some years ago and yet through all this they still shut down now transfered to Holyhead.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:25 am