socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Dieting with meal replacements

Reedy

Dieting with meal replacements Empty Dieting with meal replacements

Post by Reedy

I would like to lose a couple of stone before this year is out, and am thinking about trying some of the various meal replacement shakes/bars around. I've been dieting and gaining it all back for a few years now, and have been to several slimming clubs, so have a basic idea of what I should be eating, but the first week or two is the challenge.

My husband thinks my plan is barmy, and that super low calorie diets are dangerous, but I really crave the mindless structure it would give me until I see a few pounds have gone and get more motivated. Am I really risking my health?

Last edited by Reedy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:56 pm by pam

have ordinary meals but reduce the calories and also mix with some exercise but don't go overboard.

most food now tells you how many calories it contains.

I agree that the hardest part is keeping the weight off. I have tried over and over but yet the weight slowly creeps back on.

chrissy

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:24 pm by Reedy

Hi Chrissy,

I think the trick to keeping the weight off is to keep an eye on it and diet hard if it goes up more than a couple of kg. Instead I tend to slip back into my 'fat' clothes.

Maybe I will try some calorie controlled ready meals to get me started again.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 pm by Aki

Counting calories is the way I have gone for about the last five years or so. Sometimes I break everything down and write what I eat but most of the time when it becomes a real challenge for me is when I am the only one in the house trying to control my weight.
    Admin

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am by Admin

another possible diet is called low carb diet, this is one i tried and lost nearly 2 stone.

it was combined with exercise but think the latter was too much for me with the diet as well.

when the weight went on i then tried the low carb diet again but then mixed it with light exercise and it was a lot better.

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:50 pm by Aki

I don't think you can do one without the other. You can diet and you can exercise, but I don't know anyone who has had success with only doing one of the two.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm