socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Boy in the dress mixed reviews

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Boy in the dress mixed reviews Empty Boy in the dress mixed reviews

Post by Admin

David Walliams’ The Boy In The Dress leaves Twitter divided

To comment or to submit your own entertainment news please register with our #social #forum

Twitter was left in two minds about the BBC adaptation of David Walliams’ The Boy In The Dress.

It’s the story of the boy whose life was turned upside down when his mum left. He realises he feels different and thinks there must be something better to life. Lisa, the cool girl at school, helps Dennis create a new persona by dressing him up in girls clothes when he sees something in Vogue that intrigues him, and so they create ‘Denise’. But what will his football teammates and his dad think of his new alter-ego?

It starred Kate Moss, Jennifer Saunders, James Buckley and David Walliams himself, but although many loved the story as a book, the adaptation didn’t fare well for everyone.

that reminds me I must look in the wardrobe alien
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:01 pm by pkg1

The film may have been inspired by a 13 year old boy, Chris Whitehead from Histon Cambridgeshire who protested against his school's uniform policy by wearing his sister's skirt to school.

Its ‘Look Smart’ dress code stated students must wear ‘plain black tailored trousers or knee-length skirts without slits’ – but did not specify gender.

The school later promised to review its decision.

As I am unable to post links to web sites, just Google 'Chris Whitehead School Protest' for further details. There is even a BBC interview with him.

You have to admire this young lad's bravery for taking this stance. It must have taken guts to perform a stunt like that.
    bluesheart

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:15 pm by bluesheart

peter I was watching itv morning news quite a while back now and saw this subject, apparently the school would not allow boys to wear shorts so in protest he then went to school in a school dress.

mike

p.s sorry not been on for a few days had the dreaded uti again.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:58 pm