socialhub health forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
socialhub health forum

health advice and discussions

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Lenovo tech support very poor

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Lenovo tech support very poor Empty Lenovo tech support very poor

Post by Admin

Bought a Lenovo pc and within 3 days it came up with a processor fault, as I had registered it with Lenovo I then contacted their technical team only to be told to download drivers and was assured this would correct the problem, guess what nope.

round 2 was then given the oldest tech trick in the book, do a full reset of the machine, bloody hell a new machine only 3 days old and all ready doing a full reset, did it work, nope still the same fault.

round 3 tech guy didn't know if my machine was working properly or not, what a total dick.

after this I told them what I thought of their tech service and before returning to where I purchased I did a quick lookup of the fault only to find the solution which I did on my own and which only took a couple of minutes to do.

very sad to see a bunch of tech guys getting paid good money unable to resolve to the problem to which their was a fix on the internet.

day after was sent an email to ask what their service was like and gave them a big zero.

if anyone buys one of their machines then do watch out if you contact Lenovo tech team they are in my eyes very poor and couldn't diagnose a simple duck
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:43 pm by pkg1

I had a problem with HP laptop computer which developed a bad habit of shutting down unexpectedly after about six months of use, regardless as to whether it was running off its own battery or connected to mains power. Like you I was asked to carry out a full reset of the computer and that failed to solve the problem.

As the laptop was still under guarantee, HP sent out packaging for me to return the computer to their Warrington repair centre. I duly sent the laptop off, and it was returned less than a week later. Not only had the computer been repaired, it had been cleaned too.

The fault was due to loose or disconnected power cables inside the laptop and all the power cables were replaced. The laptop has been working faultlessly ever since.
    Admin

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 am by Admin

after sorting out the bios I did read the manual and the defaults were not as described along with this I also got a message about low memory even though it had 4gb and checked the page file and noted it was set very low so also had to sort this out.

on the Lenovo forum I did note that one person had sent his computer c260 back but when he got another it had the same issues, makes you wonder how many also sent them back just because the tech team didn't pick up on the fix for the processor issue.

here after sorting out the above issues the computer does seem to be running fine, as for windows 10 will download and burn to disk but won't be installing, not prepared for more screw ups.

Post  by Sponsored content